The average person spends 2-4 hours a day on a smartphone - sitting with your head forward in that position is like having an eight year old child sitting on your shoulders - spending all that time (not to mention the extra hours at a laptop or computer) sitting with an eight year old around your neck is not good for your neck muscles or spine!
Five top tips to help:
1. Limit use of electronics and call instead of texting when possible
2. Perform regular neck stretches
3. Imagine you have a helium balloon stuck to the top of your head, pulling you up and extending your spine
4. Hold your phone at eye level - even reducing the angle of your neck by a small amount makes a difference, see bellow
5. If your neck hurts and it's not settling with time, simple exercises and medication book an appointment with Physio Môn